Financial Aid Online
The Financial Aid Office is currently working remotely, and our on-campus offices are closed. Students can meet with the Financial Aid Office representatives virtually. CSN's Financial Aid Office uses Microsoft Teams, a video conferencing tool. You can use Teams on your desktop computer, but if you are using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the Microsoft Teams app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can view this video if you need assistance accessing Microsoft Teams.
To protect student information, you must show a valid federal or state photo ID that we can view through your camera to discuss your financial aid file. We look forward to meeting you!
If you cannot meet virtually, you can contact the Financial Aid Office by email or call our Call Center at 702-651-4303 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Work Study is a financial aid program for student employment. Students can work on-campus or remotely while they are enrolled in school. The option to work remotely is currently being offered due to the campus closure and is subject to change once CSN campuses re-open.
If you are interested in Work Study, please contact us via email and request to have your name and NSHE ID added to the CWS Funding Request List.
There are two main Work Study programs, Federal Work Study and the Silver State Regent Work Award. Federal Work Study is funded by the U.S. Department of Education and the Silver State Regent Work Award is funded by the State of Nevada. Both programs are limited in funding and are offered on a first come first serve basis.
Federal Work Study Program
To be eligible for Federal Work Study (predominantly used in the fall and spring semesters), students must also have:
- Students must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with an official EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) on file for the academic year (fall, spring, summer).
- A financial aid eligible major declared;
- Enrollment in classes required by the certificate/degree program;
- Remaining financial aid need after Grants and Scholarships have been applied, as applicable;
- Meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for each semester/term of employment.
The Silver State Regent Work Award
Awarded during the summer semester. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 financial aid eligible credits, and must meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Head of Household (tax filing status);
- Single Parent;
- Age 22 or over and never attended college, or had a
break in enrollment of 2 years or more;
- First-generation attending College;
- No support from parents or family;
- Unusual family or financial circumstances (documentation required).
Note: Priority for this award is given to students who are currently employed in the spring semester. New applications for this award will be awarded on a first come first serve basis until funding runs out. To inquire about the Silver State Regent Work Award please contact us
Awarding Work Study to Students
CSN will offer a Student Employment Award (SEA) that can be viewed in the student’s MyCSN account. Initial Student Employment Awards are given on a first come first serve basis due to limited funding. The offer is based on several factors:
- Date of valid FAFSA information received;
- FAFSA question “Interested in Work Study” answered “Yes;”
- Demonstrate a financial aid need.
Students must accept their Student Employment Award (SEA) in their MyCSN account within 14 calendar days to ensure timely processing of funds to begin the job search.
Student Employment Award amounts may change for different reasons, such as:
- When students’ budgets are adjusted to their actual, financial aid eligible, enrollment for the semester/term;
- Due to receiving additional Grant and/or Scholarship awards during the academic year;
- When a Federal Direct Loan is accepted;
- When employment begins after the term/semester has started.
Students who are offered the Student Employment Award will receive an Award Notification via email showing the amount of aid – including the Student Employment Award – awarded. A second email will follow from the Office of College Work Study with information for accepting the award and finding employment at CSN. Both emails are also copied to students’ MyCSN Communication Center.
The Student Employment Award is not a guarantee of employment.
Steps to Find a Work Study Job
Students with no previous employment at CSN follow the below steps:
- Go to https://www.csn.edu/jobs-csn
- Click on “Full-time and Part-time Positions”
- Scroll down and select “Student (Fixed Term)” from the menu on the left side of the screen
- Apply for positions that start with “College Work Study” or “CWS”
- Create a log-in by clicking on the “Sign In” button in the top right of the screen. If you have previously worked at CSN, you will need to log-in with your Workday credentials.
- Attach ALL required documents to your application to be considered for employment. You may be required to submit a resume and cover letter as part of your application.
- After you submit your application, the hiring department will contact you.
The CSN Career and Transfer Services can help you with your resume, cover letter, and applying for a job in Workday and/or Handshake. We encourage you to contact their office if you need assistance.”
If you have questions about College Work Study, please contact us via email or by phone at the numbers listed below.
Location: North Las Vegas Campus, Building E Room E120A
Log into CoyoteQ “Financial Aid” - *Currently Closed Due to State Governance*
Email: Contact Us (Please include your NSHE ID in your email.)
Phone: 702.651.4327 or 702.651.4318
Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm