CSN Logo

Professional New Hire/Re-Hire Checklist

Workers' Compensation Information

EMPLOYEE Occupational Accidents / Injuries / Illnesses

What to do if you are injured at work:
  1. Report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to your supervisor, no matter how minor.
  2. Complete the following forms:
    1. Written Statement - Incident Report
    2. C-1 Notice of Injury or Occupational Disease
    3. if appropriate the Report of Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens. See links below under Forms & Resources
    4. If you need medical attention, please contact your supervisor immediately.
    5. If the injury is life-threatening or an emergency call 911 (9-911 from a campus line) or proceed to the nearest medical facility. In this case, complete the C-1 Notice of Injury or Occupational Disease as soon as feasible.
    6. If emergency treatment is not required, you must seek medical evaluation by one of the approved medical providers listed in the Workers' Compensation Information link below.
      Note: Under Nevada Law, an employee is required to seek medical treatment from an approved clinicunless emergency treatment is required.
    7. Tell the doctor you were injured at work.
    8. The healthcare provider must complete a C-4 Employee Claim for Compensation/Report of Medical Treatment (the official claim form) at the doctor's office. Must be completed within 90 days from the date of injury.
    9. Following the medical visit contact the Workers' Compensation Administrator for further assistance. See link below under Forms & Resources
    10. Communicate with your supervisor regarding the outcome of the medical evaluation, treatment and any work restrictions ordered by the healthcare provider.
    11. Stay in touch with the workers' compensation administrator. Supervisors must submit the Supervisor's Injury / Illness / Incident Report to Workers' Compensation Office. See link below under Forms & Resources
Workers' Compensation Program

CSN's Workers' Compensation Insurance Program is administered at Nevada System of Higher Education, Business Center South located on UNLV campus.  View the Workers' Compensation Insurance information for CSN employees.

Workers' Compensation Program - Approved Medical Clinics

View the approved medical clinics for work-related, non-emergency injury or illness.

Workers' Compensation Administrator

Michele Washington
NSHE Business Center South / UNLV Risk Management and Safety
fax 702-895-5227
Contact Us

Forms & Resources
Health Insurance
Additional Volunteer Supplemental Deductions

Request for Supplemental Retirement and Insurance/Products Information [pdf]

  • Tax-Sheltered Annuities (403B, 403B Roth, 457 Plans)
  • Salary Redirection Agreement (For "ASI, Inc.," pre-tax flexible spending accounts - medical and dependent care)
  • Cancer Care Policy - American Fidelity
  • Short-Term Disability - American Fidelity & Standard Insurance
  • Personal Accident Policy - The Hartford
  • Liberty Mutual Automobile/Homeowner's Insurance
  • Supplemental Policies through MetLife
Information Provided

Human Resources information contained on the World Wide Web is in no way to be interpreted as a contract between the College of Southern Nevada and any of its employees. This information is provided as a service to the CSN community and will change as CSN changes. From time to time, CSN must modify its policies. Information is current as of the time of its presentation and may be subject to change or repeal at any time, with or without notice, at the discretion of CSN.