Welcome to Academic Advising
CSN Academic Advising Department will continue to provide remote services. Please do not come to any CSN campus for advising services until further notice as campuses remain closed. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
Academic Advising is Your Partner in Academic Success
There’s more to academic advising than choosing your courses and creating your educational plan. Keeping in touch with your academic advisor can help you stay on track in order to achieve your goals.
Academic Advisors can help you with:
- Creating a plan to meet your academic goals
- Skill-coaching in time management, self-advocacy, goal clarification, study-skills and the development of personal plans for academic success
- Determining your transfer options
- Providing information about campus resources and services
- Balancing school with work and family commitments
Your academic advisor helps you understand your degree plan and makes recommendations on course selection each semester. Your advisor will help you stay on track as you work towards your educational goals. At CSN, students are required to meet with their academic advisor at the completion of 15, 30, and 45 semester credit hours.
When you enroll at the College of Southern Nevada, you’ll have an academic advisor who’s firmly in your corner.
Getting Started with Academic Advising
During Spring 2021 Peak Registration - December 14, 2020 through January 22, 2021 - Academic Advising will operate using Virtual Express Advising only (no scheduled appointments). VEA will allow advisors to see as many students as possible during the weeks leading up to the Spring 2021 semester.
Virtual Express Advising (VEA): VEA requires no appointment and uses a first come, first served approach. These sessions will be conducted by phone only. Students who wish to meet with an advisor through VEA should check into the Academic Advising CoyoteQ at any campus (https://at.csn.edu/virtualqline). When you reach the front of the queue, you will receive a phone call from an academic advisor. Beginning December 14, 2020, through January 22, 2021, VEA will be available every weekday from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. VEA will not be available on 12/18/20, 12/25/20, 1/1/21, and 1/18/21.
Student using Veterans Benefits should meet with a VETS Advisor, using the link: https://www.csn.edu/vets-center
New CSN Students with no earned college credit should visit www.csn.edu/newstudentadvising and follow the steps listed to receive advising services.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Follow these instructions to make an appointment using MyCoyotePLAN
- Click "LOGIN" at the top of this webpage (or any CSN webpage)
- Enter your CSN username and password
- Click the MyCoyotePLAN icon or search for MyCoyotePLAN
- Select the Academic Advising box that pertains to your area of study
- Select your assigned Academic Advisor's name or, if you don't have an assigned advisor, select an advisor who is based at your primary campus
- Click "Schedule" and select "Advising"
- Choose the primary reason you wish to meet with an advisor
- Click "Continue"
- Select the date range and time that works best for you
- Click "Continue"
- Enter any additional information related to your appointment
- Click "Confirm" to secure your appointment.
* Please contact us by phone at 702-651-3165 if you have an IEP or 504 Plan and need assistance in making an appointment.
* Please note that no appointments will be conducted between December 14, 2020 and January 22, 2021. Students who need advising assistance should use Virtual Express Advising.
Email Questions and Answer Service
Advising will continue to respond to emails at Contact Us, whereby students can send minor questions such as "How do I change my major?" or "Where can I find my degree sheet?"
CSN Academic Advising will continue to provide remote services until further notice. Please do not come to any CSN campus for advising services. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.