Welcome to Academic Advising
Academic Advising is Your Partner in Academic Success There’s more to academic advising than choosing your courses and creating your educational plan. Keeping in touch with your academic advisor can help you stay on track in order to achieve your goals.
Academic Advisors can help you with:
- Creating a plan to meet your academic goals
- Skill-coaching in time management, self-advocacy, goal clarification, study-skills and the development of personal plans for academic success
- Determining your transfer options
- Providing information about campus resources and services
- Balancing school with work and family commitments
Your academic advisor helps you understand your degree plan and makes recommendations on course selection each semester. Your advisor will help you stay on track as you work towards your educational goals. At CSN, students are required to meet with their academic advisor at the completion of 15, 30, and 45 semester credit hours.
When you enroll at the College of Southern Nevada, you’ll have an academic advisor who’s firmly in your corner.
Getting Started with Academic Advising
Students can schedule an appointment with an academic advisor on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 8:30 AM - 4 PM OR can have a quick check-in with an academic advisor through Express Advising (first come, first served - no appointment) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM.
- To schedule an appointment, follow the instructions under the "How to Schedule an Appointment" headline below.
- To meet with an advisor during Express Advising. students should check into the advising queue for their preferred campus. Students can choose the “Academic Advising by Phone” queue or the “In-person Academic Advising” queue. When you reach the front of the queue for "Academic Advising by Phone," you will receive a phone call from an academic advisor. If you have chosen "In-person Academic Advising," you will receive a text message alerting you when it is time to report to the Academic Advising office. Express Advising sessions are limited to the following services:
- Course Recommendations
- Advising Hold Removals
- General Questions
- Campus Referrals
How to Schedule an Appointment
Academic Advisors are available for scheduled appointments on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 8:30 AM - 4 PM. Follow the instructions below to schedule an appointment.
Please Note: Health Program students can make an appointment here.
Follow these instructions to make an appointment using MyCoyotePLAN:
- Click "LOGIN" at the top of this webpage (or any CSN webpage)
- Enter your CSN username and password
- Click the MyCoyotePLAN icon or search for MyCoyotePLAN
- Select the Academic Advising box that pertains to your area of study
- Select your assigned Academic Advisor's name or, if you don't have an assigned advisor, select an advisor who is based at your primary campus
- Click "Schedule" and select "Advising"
- Choose the primary reason you wish to meet with an advisor
- Click "Continue"
- Select the date range and time that works best for you
- Click "Continue"
- Enter any additional information related to your appointment
- Click "Confirm" to secure your appointment.
* Please contact us by phone at 702-651-3165 if you have an IEP or 504 Plan and need assistance in making an appointment.
Email Questions and Answer Service
Advising will continue to respond to emails at Contact Us, whereby students can send minor questions such as "How do I change my major?" or "Where can I find my degree sheet?"
In the Academic Advising Handbook and Academic Advising Syllabus, you will find valuable information regarding advising timelines and expectations, CSN resources, areas of study and majors, registration, and much more.
Regular Hours: Monday from 8:00am-6:30pm and Tuesday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm
Academic Advising will be closed on federal and state holidays.
CHARLESTON CAMPUS - 6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Bldg. D - Lobby, Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
HENDERSON CAMPUS - 700 College Dr.
Bldg. B - Room 120, Henderson, Nevada 89002
NORTH LAS VEGAS CAMPUS - 3200 East Cheyenne Ave.
Main Building S, Room 201 (upstairs), North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
Contact Us through Email
The mission of Academic Advising is to foster the optimal student experience by providing exceptional guidance and assistance with academic planning through partnerships with our students, faculty, and staff.