Welcome to Academic Advising
CSN Academic Advising Department will provide remote services beginning Wednesday, March 18, and continuing indefinitely. We are accepting one-hour remote appointments on Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 3 PM. Students can schedule appointments through MyCoyotePLAN; when selecting a location, students will choose the appointment type that will best accommodate their needs. Advising will continue to respond to emails at Contact Us, whereby students can send minor questions such as "How do I change my major," or "Where can I find my degree sheet?" Please do not come to any CSN campus for advising services. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
Your Partner in Academic Success
There’s more to academic advising than choosing your courses and creating your educational plan. Keeping in touch with your academic advisor can help you stay on track in order to achieve your goals.
Academic Advisors can help you with:
- Creating a plan to meet your academic goals
- Skill-coaching in time management, self-advocacy, goal clarification, study-skills and the development of personal plans for academic success
- Determining your transfer options
- Providing information about campus resources and services
- Balancing school with work and family commitments
Your academic advisor helps you understand your degree plan and makes recommendations on course selection each semester. Your advisor will help you stay on track as you work towards your educational goals. At CSN, students are required to meet with their academic advisor at the completion of 15, 30, and 45 semester credit hours.
When you enroll at the College of Southern Nevada, you’ll have an academic advisor who’s firmly in your corner.
Meeting with your Academic Advisor:
- Academic Advising Appointments: Recommended for all planning activities and questions about policies, procedures, and appeals. Students can schedule an appointment using MyCoyotePLAN (see instructions below). Advising appointments are available on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays only.
- Walk-in Sessions: Not currently available due to campus closures. Walk-in sessions are a maximum of 15 minutes and are designed just to answer quick questions. Students will not be able to complete degree plans or register for classes during walk-in sessions. Walk-ins are first-come, first-served and may require a wait time of an hour or longer during peak advising times. Walk-in hours are subject to change without notice; please contact our office to confirm walk-in hours.
Getting Started with Academic Advising
New Student Advising Services
Students who are new to college should click on the "New Student Advising" link below to get started with academic advising services.
New Student Advising
-- OR --
Current, Returning, and Transfer Student Advising
Schedule an individual appointment using the instructions below
Schedule an Appointment
- Visit www.csn.edu and click "Login"
- Log-in with your GoCSN username and password
- Click MyCoyotePLAN Icon (or search for MyCoyotePLAN )
- If required, log in again
- Click on the Academic Advising box
- Find an academic advisor who works with your major or area of study
- Click “Schedule”
- Choose the primary reason you wish to meet with an Academic Advisor
- Click "Continue"
- Select a day and time that works best for you
- Click "Continue"
- Enter any additional information related to your appointment
- Click "Confirm" to secure your appointment
To prepare for your appointment:
- Have English & Math Placement Tests completed or ACT/SAT scores uploaded by Testing Department.
- Complete your Intake Form on MyCoyotePLAN