Who Qualifies for a Nevada Promise Scholarship Renewal?
To qualify for a Nevada Promise Scholarship renewal, you must:
- Meet all 2019-2020 eligibility requirements. Students who failed to meet any 2019-2020 eligibility requirements are not eligible for renewal.
- Meet all program requirements and deadlines.
- Be enrolled in at least 12 eligible semester credits hours in an associate degree program, or a certificate of achievement program eligible for financial aid at CSN for each fall and spring semester unless you are scheduled to graduate and have notified the Nevada Promise Scholarship Office via email.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by CSN’s Financial Aid Office.
And you must not:
- Have earned a prior associate or bachelor’s degree.
As a friendly reminder, the Nevada Promise Scholarship is a last dollar scholarship and will only cover remaining eligible fees after gift aid has been applied. Gift aid, in this case, is defined as the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Silver State Opportunity Grant or Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship.
Required Steps for Scholarship Renewal
Note: Failure to complete a step by the deadline will result in scholarship eligibility loss.
Fall Semester: Enrolled in 12 eligible credits.
Spring Semester: Enroll in 12 eligibile credits.
FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 1. FAFSA application is available on October 1.
Financial Aid: Confirm your financial aid eligibility. Check your To Do list in your MyCSN account and submit all required documentation to CSN’s Financial Aid Office no later than June 1. Contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance.
Meet With Your Mentor: Meet with your mentor each semester. Fall Semester Deadline: January 1
Spring Semester Deadline: June 1
Community Service: Complete and report eight community service hours each semester. Fall Semester Deadline: January 1
Spring Semester Deadline: June 1
How Will You Be Contacted?
CSN will update your Promise status regularly in your MyCSN To Do List and the Nevada Promise Scholarship Office will contact you via email with important reminders. Please check your CSN email on a regular basis. Also, make sure your contact information is always current and up to date in your MyCSN account.
Other Requirements for Full-time CSN Students
Fall and Spring Semester: Connect with the Counseling Department and schedule a meeting with a Counselor to discuss your academic plan, SAP, your progress, and to register for classes.
How to connect with the Counseling Department:
- Schedule an appointment (phone/email/web) through MyCoyotePLAN – Click Here
- Email a counselor
- Visit their website https://www.csn.edu/counselingdepartment
- Scroll down and click on the envelope icon below the counselor's name
- Follow their Instagram @csncounseling
- Chat Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:00-7:00 p.m. on Instagram Live
Graduation: If you have fewer than 12 credits remaining for your last semester at CSN, please email the CSN Financial Aid Office at scholarship @csn.edu with a copy of your degree sheet, signed by an Advisor, to notify them of your intent to graduate.
As a last-dollar scholarship, the Nevada Promise Scholarship can cover up to three years of tuition and other mandatory fees not covered by other gift aid.
Please review CSN Cost of Attendance for additional details.
Gift aid is defined as a Federal Pell Grant, a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), a Silver State Opportunity Grant (SSOG), or a Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship (GGMS).
Scholarship Funding and Renewal
The Nevada Promise Scholarship is a state funded program and has been impacted by budget cuts related to COVID 19. Awards are contingent on available funding. In the event that sufficient funds are not available to all eligible students, scholarships will be awarded based on the following priorities.
- First, students who have received the award in previous academic years, on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the FAFSA completion date.
- Second, students who would be receiving the award for the first time on a first-come, first-served basis based on the FAFSA completion date.
Students working with CSN’s Disability Resource Center who are unable to enroll full time should submit the Nevada Promise Scholarship Appeal form to the CSN Financial Aid Office. Students who are considering requesting an appeal, should be aware that funding is limited, and there is a possibility that your request may be denied solely due to lack of funding.