Admissions FAQs

1. Do I need a GED or a high school diploma in order to be admitted to the college?

The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) subscribes to an “open-door” policy of admitting all high school graduates or non-graduates who are capable of profiting from post-secondary education. However, a high school diploma  or GED is required to declare a major at CSN.


2. What is my first step to get admitted to College of Southern Nevada? 

Your first step to be admitted is to fill-out a CSN admissions form online.


3. What gives me Nevada residency?

A resident of Nevada is an individual who has been living in Nevada for at least twelve months during the last year. If you moved out of the state of Nevada for more than twelve months you are considered an out of state resident. For more information on Nevada residency, click here.